"" Not Again! Generator Fumes Kills Man & Wife in Ogun | Talk With Da Silva

Not Again! Generator Fumes Kills Man & Wife in Ogun


Mr. and Mrs Tunji Lawal were found dead in their home after inhaling generator fumes in Ibafo, in Obafemi Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State.
According to Punch, the couple who hailed from Ibadan and worked in Bariga area of Lagos State, died on Monday, March 30.



According to one of the neighbours, who identified himself as Daniel, said they suspected the couple was killed by the generator fumes, adding that the generator was still running when they forced the door open.
In his words, “When we knocked on their apartment’s door, there was no response. We also called them on their phones without result. We then broke into the house, where we saw both of them dead on the bed.
“Immediately we discovered their lifeless bodies, we alerted the police to the incident and also called and their family members.”
Another witness who claimed anonymity, said the residents were attracted by the sound of the running generator, adding that such was unusual in the house.
She said, “Usually, they leave home very early every Monday. But, on that day, we noticed that the generator was still working by 8am, which was unusual. So, we knocked on the door but there was no response. When we later forced it open, we discovered the corpses.”
The first child of the deceased couple, Afeez Lawal, claimed that he did not believe that his parents were killed by the fumes. He called on the police to investigate the matter thoroughly.
In his words, “The incident is very shocking to me. I was informed on the telephone and when I got home, I saw a huge crowd in front of my parents’ house.
“Neighbours said it was generator fumes, but I still wonder how my parents did not wake up if it was fumes. Daddy was a light sleeper. He sometimes listened to news till the midnight.
“Both of them did not stay in Ibafo. They only came home for weekends. I want the police to adequately investigate this case.”
The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the incident, adding that the police had released the bodies to the family for burial.
Adejobi said, “When we performed a post-mortem, it was revealed that fumes killed them. We have released their bodies to the family for burial.”

Get free daily email updates!

Follow us!

Share on Google Plus

About Jb Da Silva

"Talk With Da Silva’s Blog deals Majorly with happenings around us; ranging from Entertainment Gist to Events Paparazzi, News Updates, Fashion/Lifestyle, Nollywood / Hollywood Buzz, Juicy Gist, Relationship Advice and Tips, Music/Movies, Politics, Sports, Exclusive Interviews and Hot Gossips".
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment