"" Man Lost Sight after Consuming Ogogoro | Talk With Da Silva

Man Lost Sight after Consuming Ogogoro

One of the survivors of the Ode-Irele methanol poisoning, Mr. Olorunwa Jero, yesterday, recounted his ordeal in the throes of death.Jero, a father of six, who is a vulcaniser, narrated:
“By the time I was brought here, I had gone blind. I could not identify my wife, I could not identify anything. I did not even know when I arrived here.“But I thank God and the management and staff of University College Hospital, UCH, for bailing me out. I can see all of you here clearly. I can even identify the clothes each one of you is putting on.”
The victims were said to have taken the methanol while consuming a local gin.
Confirming that the toxin was detected in the blood and urine of the victims, Professor Temitope Alonge, Chief Medical Director, UCH, said the five victims were transferred to the teaching hospital on April 18 adding that they had regained their lost sight as a result of taking the chemical.

Alonge, who said this while speaking with newsmen in Ibadan, warned people to be wary of taking local gin so as to avoid similar unpleasant experience.
Vanguard

Get free daily email updates!

Follow us!

Share on Google Plus

About Jb Da Silva

"Talk With Da Silva’s Blog deals Majorly with happenings around us; ranging from Entertainment Gist to Events Paparazzi, News Updates, Fashion/Lifestyle, Nollywood / Hollywood Buzz, Juicy Gist, Relationship Advice and Tips, Music/Movies, Politics, Sports, Exclusive Interviews and Hot Gossips".
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment